Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 12:42 AM   #3
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHoge View Post
We own a 2013 Thor Four Winds 31F (with two slides on the driver's side, one with the dinette/sink/oven and the second smaller slide for the rear double bedroom).

We bought the unit used from Crown RV in Conyers GA and immediately on our first camping trip found that the hose that connects the kitchen sink to its holding tank had become disconnected.

Try as I might, I haven't been able to tighten the flexible gray plastic hose enough to its fittings so that it will stay connected for more than a few slide openings and closings.

Our dealer is supposedly ordering a more flexible and maybe longer hose for us as I recently took the RV to them and explained the problem.

I'm interested if this is a problem others have had or if it is a one-off irregularity.

Thanks in advance for any replies or suggestions.

John & Gail
Athens, GA
Had the exact same problem on our 2 day old Hurricane 27K. Looking closer at it the electric junction box actually press the hose as the slide goes out causing more trouble, bad place to put that junction box and I will be moving mine soon. My dealer took it all apart and put clamps on instead of the hand twist connectors used OEM.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.