Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2016, 02:13 AM   #13
The Guidrys

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
My wifes and I decision to purchase our "Second Home" was we had to use it at least 2 times/weekends a month, and we use it more than we imagined...

1) Hurricane evacuation plan.

Anyone who has had to deal with fleeing from an impending storm can relate. After having issues finding a hotel/motel room in a days notice that will take pets when a mandatory evacuation is given. Then dealing with the traffic and being on the road for 7-8 hours with kids/pets is a feat in iteself. So this IS our hurricane evacuation plan. Where we stop, nobody knows!
(Ironically, our last coach was a Hurricane!)

2) Mardi Gras/Holiday Parades

We have a song here that describes not finding a place to "Pee" on Mardi Gras day. So we boondock on the parade routes. Now we have a place where our friends and family can gather.

3) Production Crew Green room

I rent sound and lighting to Fairs/Festivals and for events, so I use my RV so my crew and I can hold meetings, have some down time and cool off on hot event days.

4) Baseball Tournaments

Its a lifesaver especially when games are played early in the morning and late in the evening. As someone stated before, we cooked lunch for the team, had a wonderful day of it.
Montz, Louisiana
The Guidrys is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum