Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
jrgutierr

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28Z
State: California
THOR #1798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FW28z View Post
Prior to selling my 28Z, I removed the custom dash panel I had made... this one:

It replaces the standard mini-storage compartment/coin holder in the upper dash on a E450, that is sometimes used for upfitter switches. I needed somewhere to plug in the remote of my RviBrake2... like this:

I had the panel made from a custom shop that does CNC machining on Anodized black aluminum stock. So the lettering and panel were professionally made. The items on the panel are an auxiliary plug (for the RViBrake2 remote or any other purpose), USB charger, voltmeter, and on/off switch. You can find 12VDC power at an unused wiring harness for the upfitter switches (at least in my 2011 E450).

I also have a similar panel, but is blank, so you can drill any holes in it you need. There is lettering on one side, but you can flip it over to the other side which is blank:

The panels fit by simply removing the snap-in storage bin and screwing the panel in place. I had them made for my 2011 E450, but they would likely fit the E350 as well (but I cannot confirm that). You can return the dash to the original configuration later if you wish without having any holes showing. Since this panel was in use for a year, it is technically used - and there are a few scratches under the screw holes (which are covered up when attaching the panel to the dash with screws).

The screws are not included (I cannot remember where they are - or I'd give them to you - but they are simply #6 sheet metal screws.

Finally, I have a pair of new Bargman 47-84-410 LED upgrade bezels that replace the incandescent lamp bezels in a Bargman #84 series tail light. It does not include the tail light itself.

I am just trying to recover some of the costs. I am asking $45 for the dash panel that has the switch/usb/voltmeter on it, and $25 for the blank dash, and $40 for the pair of the LED upgrades. I'll also pay for shipping in the Continental US only. If you are interested let me know (I will do the transaction pay-pal).
Hello, I'm interested in your dash panel with usb and voltmeter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum