Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 03:24 PM   #7
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2
although i suppose a 5th with power legs and levelers likely wouldn't be too bad.
Our 5th wheel had power legs, but manual leveling (use the power legs to get front/back leveling and the relative height of the legs to get left/right leveling then manually lower the back jacks).

Our "big" issue was size: At 31+ ft for the 5er plus another 15 feet or so of the truck (yeah there is some overlap) its just huge going down the road. Now that we have the Axis we realized we should have done it much earlier LOL.

Conversely, though, our son liked the 5er better because there was far more interior room than the Axis has (of course he does like the fact that he can play video games going down the road in the Axis that he couldn't do with the 5er though LOL).

Hitching up wasn't that big of an issue in the 5er--but then there is no weight distributing bars: you just back in until the hitch latches, raise the legs and go.

I did like the 5th wheel but I find the Axis much more versatile in what we can do with it and it does make long road trips more comfortable than sitting in a pickup for hours on end

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum