Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
blw2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 31L
State: Florida
THOR #908
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post

Hitching up wasn't that big of an issue in the 5er--but then there is no weight distributing bars: you just back in until the hitch latches, raise the legs and go.

....)
I keep thinking about the poor soul one or two sites down, the last time I went to Fort Wilderness. He hitched up, got the trailer just out of the site, and the trailer pin pulled free, slid off the hitch plate, and crashed down onto his pick-up's gunnels. He was struggling to hold it together I think. Right in front of my site. I offered to help if he needed it, but I think he needed to just be alone.

He eventually hitched up well enough to back her back into the site, where I believe he was able to extend his stay while he got it fixed....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum