Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2014, 04:49 PM   #1
MrZip

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 29h
State: Missouri
THOR #980
Entertainment Systems - Thor Outlaw 29H

Just picked up a new 2015 Thor Outlaw 29H. I have the motorhome in my driveway at the moment so I can go through all the systems. As with any new vehicle, I like to go through everything as much as possible before heading out on a trip. I've lately been working on setting up the 3 entertainment systems to meet my needs and expectations. My first purchase was the satellite receivers from Dish along with the remote sattelite. With this system I can bring in two satellite feeds, so one channel can be on one unit and another on the other one. There is no central control box so I'm going direct with my HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV. I set up two COAX connectors for the satellite box by routing the COAX through one of the storage pods. I have two flat connectors that come out of the storage (so the door can be closed) I also hooked up my blue ray players both front and rear by taking the HDMI direct from the blue ray to the TV. One cool thing with the 29H is there is a sound system for the front living area and a separate sound system for the rear garage and outside speakers. I was able to run RCA cables from the TV to the Aux in on the pioneer radio (which powers up the sound system for the main couch) and did the same for the rear by running RCA cables from the blue ray to the Jensen radio (which powers up the sound system in the garage and outside) In order to enjoy either satellite or blue ray on the outside unit I attached a 15 ft. HDMI cable to the outside TV and ran it through the rear window to my receiver box. Right now I have to swap cables but I'll investigate to see if theres a switch box I can get so I don't have to do that. All 3 TV's get pretty fair reception off the tilt up antenna, but I plan to get a better high def for even better reception. Basically I'm pretty pleased with the intergration thus far. I want to be able to watch what I want where I want.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum