Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2016, 04:41 PM   #3
FollowTheSun

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #4750
Thank you for the comment. I suppose I should have clarified my question. I understand how RO systems work and the various economy ratios associated with booster pumps, filter configuration, tank fill time, and brine waste. I use an RO system with a battery operated pump on my mountain camping property, with both sediment and carbon pre-filtering because of turbidity, mineral content and high pH. At this camp, using three 150 gpd RO filters, I can fill my 50 gallons reserve camp tank from my well-spring in about 4 hours. I am not concerned about the 100-gallon brine dump there because I let it flow back into the stream.
However, back to the motorcoach issue. I have read many discussions debating the pro and con of doing whole house installs … it is an active debate with many points on both sides. I apologize for starting that debate here … that was not my intent. Rather, I was hoping to focus on the ability to accomplish a neat and tidy physical install into a Sprinter class-c, and leave discussion about practicality and brine waste to those other threads.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.