Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #21
davidgebo

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1466
fuel use

I spend an extra 3o cents a gallon, and every other tank fill up with ETHANOL FREE gas at the local WaWa. That ethanol crap is lower octane, bad for the engine, tank, gas lines, IMHO, and bad for the generator, which is a small engine. Gas can sit in the carb for long periods between uses. Ethanol-free gas is higher octane than regular gas. Ethanol gas can go bad quicker than Ethanol-free. You can use the lowest octane monkey piss in the V-10, and it will run fine, but, I love my engine, so I will use the ethanol-free whenever I can find it. I use it in all my small engines....chain saw, weed wacker, tractor, leaf blower, because these small engines sit for a long time between uses, and I add Stabil to the 5 gal. can that fills them. Any petroleum workers out there who agree with my opinions, or am I wrong? My experience with ethanol gas taught me a few lessons about its damaging and corrosive affects on machines and plastic and rubber parts, especially on small engines. The fact that the feds have forced this crap on us is reason enough for me to not use it. Ethanol delivers about 15% LESS gas mileage than ethanol-free. That costs us money. Besides, it is harmful to the environment to grow so much corn just to make ethanol gas. Corn crops are very heavy users of water, fertilizers and pesticides. 75% of the corn crop is now grown for ethanol, and it made some large farming conglomerates very rich , with our government subsidies thrown in.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum