Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2016, 08:29 PM   #22
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
I agree with your comments on ethanol and small engines. Ethanol destroys outboard engines because they do not get run enough and the ethanol evaporates out of the carborator and leaves varnish residue as well as destroying internal plastic and rubber parts. I would love to run non-ethanol gas in my RV generator but t is 69 cents more than regular (87) and the amount you run thru the generator vs the amount thru the V-10 makes that expensive. I have thought about hooking up a separate tank to the generator to run while I am at home. Up to the present however, I have just been careful to empty my tank and fill it with non-ethanol gas and two cans of Seafoam if I am going to leave the RV for a while and make sure I run both engines long enough to get that mixture in them before I leave. When I get back,,the Seafoam helps to clean both engines. On the road in the RV, I do not worry about it because I am routinely running both engines.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum