Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 08:53 PM   #3
FollowTheSun

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #4750
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8RXQ View Post
Not to take away from Thor's product but Winnabego has the View that is (or can easily be) outfitted with a PV system. I am interested in a PV system for my Synergy and in talking to the Customer Care person they do occasionally see that request so you might give them a call and hear what they have to say.
I am actually most impressed with Winnebago's company staff with whom I have spoke. My experience thus far is that the company is very straight-forward and honest, and has a great deal of confidence in their product. Unlike any of their competitor, Winnebago provides detailed product information, including many of their mechanical and electrical drawings, for download. I like the Winnebago View, but it is also a more expensive unit ... just I bit more that I wish to pay. However, that said, my experience with them thus far, suggests they are very helpful and confident ... I find their people and attitude extremely attractive. On the other hand, Thor has been somewhat helpful, but tends to avoid some questions; Jayco and Forest River/Coachmen defers every inquiry to a dealer ... and my interface with their dealers has left me with the poor impression that they are either poorly trained, ignorant or lazy. In fact, the more I study and learn about the various products, the more unimpressed I am with any dealer. I am dismayed with dealers and their dismal lack of product knowledge. It is that frustration which caused me to search and find this forum. I am very pleased to have joined this forum where I find so many vehicle owners discussing so many topics and issues ... I am impressed by the knowledge and experience here. I am going to spend $100,000 on something … I want to be sure I am getting what I think I am buying. I don't object to a salesperson getting a good commission, or to the dealer making a profit … but I do expect them to earn it!
My apology for the rant … nothing personal with you … your statement just caused me to reflect upon some of the frustrations that I've passed while researching for a suitable motorhome. … In fact, thank you –– I feel a little better now that I've unloaded some this.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.