Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Mice! Yuk
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #8
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Always travel armed with a feline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Cats are good. Mice can be incredibly destructive if allowed to build a nest around your RV. A good friend spent multiple thousand dollars replacing his computer and whole engine electrical system after mice chewed up his engine wiring system..
When RVing we have always traveled with at least 1 cat along. Currently we take three. They adapt quickly and actually seem to enjoy it. This tradition started with our very first trip in our very first RV (a 1993 casita trailer). We left home sans cats. However, we stopped to use the bathroom in our trailer in a pulloff in the middle of nowhere, Nevada on US 50. There was not a building in sight for miles.

When I came out of the trailer, Susan said, "I hear a kitty meowing."

I called, "kitty, kitty", and this little tiny tuxedo black and white kitten came toward me from under a sagebrush bush. She walked up and started rubbing on my leg. We gave her some water and stopped in the next town and got kitten food and a litter box. She was about 10 weeks old. She travelled with us for 14 years until she passed away. In the mean time she acquired a travelling companion, Daisy. She is our Avatar. Daisy is still travelling with us along with her two boy friends, Tiger and Kimba.

The point of this rambling is that we have never seen a mouse or rat or any sign of them anywhere near our RV's. Not even in storage. We attribute that to the fact that we always have a couple of cat beds and blankets in the RV even when stored.

I'm not sure if dogs would work also.

Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.