Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Mice! Yuk
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 06:36 PM   #9
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Exclamation

Last year we stayed in a very nice rural setting, right on the river, and next to someone's mountain of firewood, which they had covered with several tarps. Several days into our stay we heard that possible hail was forecast for several hours later. I decided to cover the roof of the rv with those several tarps from the firewood and hopeful keep any hail damage to a minimum. When we moved the tarps we saw several mouse scurry in different directions - there must have been a family of them living in the tarps.
Thinking nothing too much of it, we got thru the slight hail with no issues, removed the tarps later, and covered the firewood back up.

A week or so later, we dropped our front bunk, which we used for storage, and was 'delighted' to find signs of mice - chewed paper towels and little 'nests' in several places. After looking around the coach, we also found more signs in other places.
Darn mice! I think I know where they came from!!

My sewer hose entry was exposed to the wetbay. The wetbay has hiding places for mice since you can't get to too much of it due to the wetbay panel and the water tank. There are entrance holes into the coach from the bay from wiring, coax cables, etc.
It's a mice's paradise!

We placed mice traps around the wheels of the coach, in the bays, and under the kitchen cabinets. Caught at least one or two every day for a week. Thought we had caught them all after a while.

Made a 800 mile trip to Indiana to the Service Center for some work. Unfortunately, as we cleaned out the coach and bays of our stuff, we found a few more signs of recent mice activity. We caught FIVE! in that single night of trapping. We hoped that was all, but understood that you really never know until you haven't seen one, or signs of one, for many months. Hope they enjoyed the ride!
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.