Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Mice! Yuk
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2016, 07:37 PM   #12
tenbear

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 28A Class C
State: Vermont
THOR #4117
Quote:
Originally Posted by blw2 View Post
I recently found a small wad of insulation and other trash (which included a shed snake skin) inside my generator, nestled on top of the machine works but inside the housing. I fished it out. basically a small ball, roughly softball sized. I didn't recognize the insulation so hoped it has been there a while.... and I figured it so hot, with temps about 100 degrees and the generator had been running....that I wasn't too concerned about it being a recent thing and certainly no critters were in it....

But now I'm second guessing.... well hoping really.... that the unfamiliar insulation isn't from my oven or something....
AFAIK, there's only one way to find out. As I recall, removing the oven wasn't a terribly difficult job, but it does involve disconnecting the propane, and of course, reconnecting it and making sure there is no leak.

The insulation the mice got was from the side of the oven and I replaced it with ordinary construction fiberglass. Some research I did indicated it could withstand any temperature the oven would reach.

Good luck.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.