Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 03:37 PM   #7
TurnerFam

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #4735
Arrow

the reason why it is peeling is because paint does not adhere well, for the long term, to the TPO rubber roof surface. mine is doing the same in several places, mainly the front and rear ends.
I used the black 'silicone rubber' type spray[as seen on tv!] to 'repaint' these areas. I feel this will adhere and stay much longer, and better.

If you look at how your roof substrate is constructed, it is pulled over the top edges of the walls of the coach, several inches down the sides. If they did not paint this edge of the 'roof', the unit would then have a white stripe around the top edges, which we would probably also complain about... : )

While Thor provides you additional PAINT(probably in one of your cabinets) for these type of situations, I think the silicone rubber is a good replacement option, and they have different colors to match different situations as well...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.