Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 10:58 PM   #1
kats9137

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4589
2016 Axis 25.1 - First Time Oil Change

Does anyone know what is the best synthetic oil to use and what type of filter for both an Engine oil change and a Generator oil change. Along with any suggestions as to where I can go and buy these items?? I have just about 3000 miles on my Axis and about 108 hours on my generator and I'm leaving for Seattle next week. I called the dealership that I purchased this from (I've only had it 1 month) and they cannot get me in for the service until mid-end of August. I do not want to wait until I return from my trip to have it serviced and decided to do it myself. I've done oil changes on my cars over the years, but never anything like this. It appears the concept is the same.. remove the plug, drain the oil, replace the plug, replace the filter, add new oil.. viola! But reading the owners manual it talks about the different types of oil and I can't find a specific filter part number... HELP!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum