Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2014, 12:34 AM   #2
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
Ben,
My wife and I have a E450 31F Thor Motorhome and I'd have to say that its performance is a mixed bag. The Ford V10 is well behaved (read quiet) in campgrounds and while crusing on the highway at any speed 50 to 70 MPH. But if you get on the throttle going up a hill it roars quite loudly at 4K RPM and seems to stay in 3rd or 4th too long before shifting and getting its good manners back.
As for handling, I find it well-behaved in most situation on the Interstates where the road is relatively wide and flat. It tracks well and isn't very much disturbed by semis unless in a cross wind situation of 20+MPH and the semi passes you going 80 or more. In these situations you will feel a push as the semi runs head to head with you and then a suck as it pass. Steering wheel corrections are necessary in order to maintain your lane.
I hope this reply helps.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.