Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2016, 08:33 PM   #24
Valt

Brand: Still Looking
State: Alabama
THOR #4866
Replacing Dinette with recliners in 25.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
I'm active on IRV2 but now that I have a Thor MH I'll be here first.

Just purchased it and have not used a second full tank of gas yet so don't know MPG yet. All new models are on the E450 chassis and have the new 6 speed transmission per D Koffman regional Thor Rep for Vegas/Axis. I'm happy!

On PDI only two items:
1) Pocket doors rattling and won't lock closed. Dealer's service department adjusted holes for pin. Driver's side door should shut and lock flush with wall and now does. Passenger side there are wiring harnesses behind it so the best you do is flush with wardrope which is out farther than kitchen side wall. No rattles now.
2) Entrance Door detent fell off. Reinstalled with loctite.

After one overnight stay and 350 miles return trip home no problems.

Wife loves it and she is now driving it to releave me. This is new as she would never drive the 38 ft DP. I drove it in desert cross winds and its not bad. I was pulling a Wrangler. Love the power!

Things I don't like and for people who are interested in purchasing this model:
Bad Thor Engineering on :
1- bathroom heater vent - location near door pointing under door and the room gets cold with door shut.
2 - When bedroom slide is closed for traveling the HVAC control is behind the slide wall and you have to access it by opening the slide window. Really stupid location.
3- and of course the wiring harnesses behind the passenger side pocket door. Make sure the doors latch and don't rattle.
4 - the front window shade is a pain to operate but I manage.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Items we plan to do (within a month of two at most):
A - replace dinette with recliners
B - replace batteries with Lithium ones and solar panels
C - Add elbow to sewer connector - access is a pain. (Thor did change it to swivel but not good enough) - may go with macerator not sure yet.
D - Add front steering stabilizer (purchased Safe-T-Plus waitning for it to arrive).
E - replace the two accordian shades with day/night ones. Other windows have black out shades - why not all windows??
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Will add before and after photos of changes.
Would like to see pictures of the recliners you replaced your dinette with. I can't find them in the forum threads. I was directed to the thread "replace sofa with recliners" I think those would be too large for the dinette space? Could you please direct me to your photos and information on how you did this?
Thank you,
Valt
Huntsville, Al

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum