Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2016, 08:50 PM   #6
saddlesore

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh442 View Post

After some research I learned that the gen was too close to the engine, as you drove down the road and heat was carried away from the engine compartment, that heat traveled right past the running gen, which would add to the heat already produced by the gen and create a hot zone, which would overheat the gen and it would shut down to protect itself from damage.

It appears on the larger class A's, Thor has consistently put the Genny on the drivers side towards the rear of the coach, away from the coach engine,
Hope this helps!
On our Infinity 34H the gennie was on the drivers side by the bedroom, only issues were that I insulated the gas line to the fuel pump & to the carb because it tended to vapor lock in 95+ heat also I had to extend the exhaust pipe 2" or the co2 alarm would shriek.... Then installed the Ven-Turi to run the exhaust up above the roof when camping. (not running down the road)
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.