Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
halfprice

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Jerry's Hurricane mods

I'm starting this thread to keep track of the mods I do to the Hurricane. Hopefully someone will benefit from it.

So we've had the Hurricane at home for a week now. Its loaded up and bed sheets are on their way from Amazon.

Did two mods today. When driving home from the dealer the helm area was very hot. The big windows really brings in lots of heat. So this was first on the list.

To keep the dash a/c in the helm area we installed a curtain behind the passenger/driver seats. By doing this the cold air will stay here and not travell to the rest of the mh

I used 1" wooden dowel, $6 at Lowes, and blackout curtains from walmart, $9 each needed 3. To hang the rod we used 2 towel racks that we used on our 5th. Cant use them on the hurricane because it has sliding doors. Total about $35

To help keep the mh cooler when camping in high heat areas i bought a 4'x25' roll of Reflextic insulation, $44 at Lowes. It refects the sun away from the mh and blocks it from coming in. Put it on the front windshield, both side windows and the two bedroom windows. I need to buy another 10' roll to cover the livingroom dining room windows. When not in use they will be stored on the overhead bunk

Will probably store the curtains there as well

The mh a/c blows very cold but it doesnt circulate very well. So we bought a fan at costco. Its super quite and moves a ton of air pushing to cold throughout the mh. $45 well spent.

I'm post more as I get things done
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.