Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #18
nosticks

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Let's keep this post alive. Lot's of good ideas here.

After moving from a 4 slide fifth wheel to a Four Winds 22e, it takes a little adjusting. We mainly use the 22e for a night or two while traveling with dogs. The fiver was moved a few times a year basically seasonal stays in one place. Having said all that, there are a few mods I have done thus far.

I made a fold up entry step well cover to keep anyone including the dogs from falling in the well. You flip it up to use the steps for a short stop like a rest area but remove it once you are settled for an overnight stay.

I added a back up camera that I can turn on at anytime, not just reverse.

I put some levels inside on the dash panel and door panel. Since I use wood to level, I just place the wood ramps under the tires and can see when I'm level from the drivers seat.

Replaced the puny tv with a 32" in the bunk area and moved the little tv to the bedroom.

As I am writing this, I have a roll of Reflectix to cut for each window to be used during storage but also can be used if you get in a site with too much sun on a side.

Added a holding tank venturi.

That's all for now.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.