Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by timr View Post
While connected to external power at Fort Wilderness Disney Fla either a overload or external disconnect cost something to trip in our unit. The plug have fallen out of the outer receptacle. When we applied we were able to get external power back but I have lost complete internal 30 amp service. I cannot start my unit or the generator I have no power at all. I have gone through the breaker box and the 30 amp reset in the engine compartment and nothing seems to work. I have called coach net in the meantime however if anyone has had similar experience please offer some feedback. We have to leave on Friday and right now I have no external power whatsoever. The batteries appear to be fine
Do you have a trickle charger which you can place on your Chassis battery?

Did you check the reset button on your house batteries? Ours is next to the batteries, under the steps.

Is your USE/STORE switch ON ? When you depress the switch, you will hear a faint clunk noise...meaning that it is engaged..
If the Use/Store switch did its job...you should have 30 amp service, provided that you are plugged in to the campground post & service is correct.
In addition, check your GFCI reset switch...ours is above the toilet .. button is rather hard to see .. flashlight helps.
If you do not have a Surge Protector for your 'post' connection, it would be a good idea to purchase one, moving forward.

good luck !! keep us posted !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum