Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2016, 02:50 AM   #8
petef

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I don't want to burst your bubble but I will warn: You will have issues with your new rig, quality control at Thor is very poor. Many only get to use their rigs about 70% of the time they own them the first year because they are in the shop the rest of the time. That said, make sure whoever you buy it from is going to fix it. Also have them put in new coach batteries, not Harris brand, and have it aligned with a print out of the alignment before you take delivery. Don't settle for we will do it after the sale! These are two of the biggest complaints going. Test and retest everything before handing over the check. Go on a 2-5 day break in cruise and go back to the dealer for those repairs needed. You will be fixing much stuff on your own as you travel, but that gives you something to do.. the RV culture is great, you will enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosenswie View Post
Thank you everyone for the replies. I'm guess this forum doesn't alert you via email when you have responses to posts, darn it.

We have been unlucky getting info on towing the classic car, even Honda can't really help since this was the last year this model was made. It is a manual so I'm thinking it shouldn't be an issue. Our other vehicles are not flat towable - 2016 GMC Sierra extended cab and a 2016 Ford Escape.

Can't wait to go practice! We've been cleaning and waxing & measuring cabinets & ordering storage items all week.

Does anyone know if it is possible to securely carry 2 kayaks using the ladder as a carrier while also towing a car?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.