Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Hittntherooad

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #3952
Roof top AC Thor Ace 30.1

After reading some threads on the AC systems on these motorhomes and campers I decided to look at mine.
Here is what I found.
First pic is the 110 volt power wire runs through a metal duct with a hole cut through it. It is resting up against a sharp metal piece. I plan to get a plastic insert like the one on the other side to protect it.
I'm also going to spray foam into these openings. I can see the cold air going into these areas. I don't know if it's an issue but going to do it anyway. Same thing on the intake side. The holes for the wiring will be sealed up with spray foam. I was able to look up inside the duct area that runs front and back. The plastic duct has a top but no bottom. They use the ceiling to seal the bottom of the duct. Seems like air could get in this area. Again not sure if it's an issue or not seeing as you need to cool the ceiling anyway. There is also an area where the duct fit up against the AC unit on the supply side. I found cracks between them. I will be sealing these also. Can't post but one pic at a time so ther will multiple posts.
I'm sure vibration and movement over time could cause the metal to cut through and energize the aluminum roof frame may be shocking someone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	2623  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.