Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 03:26 PM   #3
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
We started with a used 2000 For Winds Infinity with 24K miles in early 2012... It had less problems in the almost 3 years we had it than my 2014 Hurricane has had already... Only one significant repair (chassis electrical). Certainly do an inspection and make sure everything is working.

As for driving - its a billboard... lol.. No substitute for driving and getting used to it. Wind conditions matter and expect to drive slower than you would in same conditions in car. I found getting used to judging the lanes/width was most challenging, but didn't take long to get comfortable with it... And in 'close quarters' the tail swings out wide in turns... only took once to learn that lesson... The Class A's relly don't have a bad turning circle... I can get in/out of most gas stations easily (takes a little more thought on placement when towing the toad '4 down' - as that takes reverse out of the equation...)
Now have 15K+ miles in a 30' and 33" rig... 5K of which was towing a Wrangler behind me...
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.