Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2016, 11:01 PM   #1
RMRuble

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds
State: Texas
THOR #4916
Tire Damage Due to Valve Stem Extenders

We have recently purchased a 2017 Thor Four Winds class C motor home. The day I went to pick it up one of the dual wheels (inside tires} was flat. Camping World tried to add air but it would not hold. Ended up taking it to a local tire company and the found the valve stem extenders for the inside tires where both loose. But, the one that wouldn't hold air had the bracket that holds the valve in place (to add/check air), come loose and the valve stem messed up the outside of the tire due to the valve extension rubbing against it.
Camping World replaced the tire cost and the tire contractor put new valve stem extensions on with similar brackets to hold the stems in place to add/check air pressure.
The next trip I took, once again, the valve stem extenders both came off the brackets and this time two tires where damaged by the stems.
Camping World Service Mgr. tells me that he has never had any problems before with this issue but wants to notify Thor to see what can be done.
Does anyone have similar issues and/or solutions?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.