Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2016, 02:23 AM   #9
Mr Sunshine

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
My windshield stress crack ID an example of how this drive in service expediates some longer warranty repairs.. I went in on the first serve line. They looked at the crack. Decided it was stress and Thor would probably approve warranty replacemnt. They took pictures and wrote up the service item. That took about 30 minutes and sent me on my way. They said they would call when they heard from Thor. About a week later they called and said Thor approved the replacement and sent a windshield. About 10 days later they received the windshield. We scheduled the replacement for about 6 days later when their contract glass guy was in. I took the Vegas in and they had it for 4 days to change the windshield, wsit for the sealant to cure, and do a leak check.
I had a similar windshield experience at Alliance RV near TheVillages in Florida. The dealer I bought from is in Ohio, and all of my warranty work was done by other dealers. Campers Inn in Leesburg, FL gave good warranty service, but refused to replace the stress cracked windshield.

When we had a warranty problem on the road, the third dealer Thor suggested said, "Bring it in" and found a loose wire that solved the problem. The first two dealers would have scheduled us in, if we could wait 2 weeks, unacceptable.

We saved enough by trading with a dealer closer to the factory to pay for leveling jacks. Part of that was better allowance for our trade. It worked out fine for us. Now that we are out of warranty, "Thor authorzed" no longer matters, we will go where we like.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.