Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Sofa - Thor ACE
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2016, 01:33 PM   #24
TominSA

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #4832
Tri-Fold Sofa

We installed the tri-fold sofa from camping world in our ACE 30.1 yesterday.

A bit of turning to get it in the door, but overall we are very pleased. The trickiest part was removing the left arm of the old jack knife sofa. It had three long wood screws into it from inside the trim that is under the small shelf behind the driver's seat. I mangled the trim because I did not have the right tools with me when I opened it up. I should be able to reattach the trim and clean it up with some small wood screws.

We did not attach the four wooden "feet" to each corner of the bottom of the couch. Not using the feet makes things pretty level from head to foot with the sofa on the raised slide out and the fold out legs of the bed on the main floor.

I will add some L brackets to the inside of the base of the sofa to attach the sofa frame to the floor of the slide out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Couch 1.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	2649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Couch 2.JPG
Views:	260
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	2650  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Couch 3.JPG
Views:	262
Size:	99.9 KB
ID:	2651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Couch 4.JPG
Views:	281
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	2652  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum