Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 10:47 PM   #1
RVCampingNut

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Maryland
THOR #3920
4 Battery setup on Challenger

This question is for anyone who added the 4 battery setup to their Challenger. I have a new 2017 37LX and had the 2 Harris 6V batteries removed and the dealer put in 4 6 volt batteries. With the inverter and the full size refrigerator, I was told by both Thor and the dealer that the 4 battery setup would power the refrigerator for about 5 days dry camping. I decided to test this out in my driveway before heading out on a trip. I got about a day and a half before the inverter threw an error code of Low Battery. Is this typical and the thought of dry camping for 4-5 days on those batteries is a pipe dream? Has anyone else put in 4 batteries and tested it to see how long they will power the refer? If I only get 1.5 days out of it, so be it. I know the full size refer draws a lot of power, but I figured once it reached temp, it would draw a lot less.

Just asking because DW won't stop chirping in my ear about "I thought we got 4-5 days, what's the real story, blah blah blah".

Hopefully someone else tested this and has better, the same, or worse results so I can save myself some ear pain.

Thanks
2017 Thor Challenger 37LX, Westward interior, Riverside paint job. Upgraded to 4 battery setup, Splendide 2100XC Washer/Dryer combo, Progressive Industries HW50 EMS, Heavy Duty Steering stabilizer, and TST TPMS 6+4 setup for tow vehicle . Member FMCA

RVCampingNut is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum