Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #8
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
This is not an advertisement, but rather a testimonial. prior to selling our 31 foot Airstream a few months ago, we have been pulling travel trailers for 23 years. The Airstream was a significant size upgrade from our 21 foot Bigfoot. On the advice of many users on Airforums, we bought a ProPride hitch for the Airstream.

Trailer Sway Control Hitch Guaranteed to Eliminate Trailer Sway - ProPride 3P

The improvement regarding sway was amazing. I'm not going to try to explain how it works. If anyone is interested enough, they can read the material on the link. Unfortunately I've never towed a 5th wheel so I cannot compare. However I was amazed. We used to drive on I-80 through Wyoming quite often. It is notoriously windy. We used to have to slow down with the smaller Bigfoot and a Equal-I-Zer. With the Airstream and Propride were went through there full speed and never felt the wind or passing semi's.

I'm sure some of the Improvement was the difference in trailer aerodynamics, but I contribute 90% of it to the hitch.

The point of all this is:
If one prefers the the tow behind's advantages they can be tamed. To me the biggest advantage is full use of the trucks bed for storage and the ability to mount a canopy, not to mention lower profile.

Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.