Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2016, 02:14 PM   #14
Bigfoot

Brand: Still Looking
State: Washington
THOR #5146
Well if you think about it, you can bend an articulated rig/trailer around obstacles where a coach is a fixed object.

I'll have to post pictures of our driveway and RV pad. It was only ever intended for the Sportsmobile and a small trailer.

This "neck" which is off the asphalt turnaround and has a slight hill/rocks on one side, and the house and roof overhang on the other may be an issue. If the coach wheels go up on the hill, it will want to tilt the coach towards the house/roof. But thinking about it I can maybe remove a few feet of rock and get the landscapers to chew a bit of the hill away to give me a flatter, wider entry.

I didn't even think about how I would turn it around, but fortunately I share a driveway with my neighbor, and at the Y is usually where I turn around my rig and where delivery trucks do the same. Maybe I will measure it all out and can lay out a course of cones at the dealers to try and simulate it? Over-analyze much?!!!

Now that you mention the Challenger, is there an easy way to compare the features of each model of the Thor coaches? The "What RV fits you" isn't detailed enough for me, I'd like to see which ones have outside kitchens, which models have which chassis/engine, which type of dinette, number of bathrooms, bed size, bed count etc. Is there a big table like that somewhere?

As an example, I like the Miramar 34.1 with the 1.5 bathrooms, but it only has a queen bed, we need a king. How do I find if that floorplan exists and in which model coach?

(edit) ok I just discovered the "refine" option on the LH side, which helps a bit, but because it filters things out it makes it hard for you to view what the tradeoffs are (eg if I have a bath and a half I can't have this type of dinette etc)

Sorry for drifting off topic but I am sure everyone goes through this when trying to pick their first big coach!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum