Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 02:34 AM   #13
ksrow

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #1092
When you look at the unit pay particular attention to the shower area. The basin cabinet next to the shower pan has no way to keep water from running under it as there is a one inch space at the bottom of the cabinet. I had to put a plastic diverter on the side of the cabinet that would go out over the edge of the shower pan to keep water from running down the side of the cabinet onto the floor and out into the living area. It is a design flaw that my dealer had to fix. You will understand the first time you take a shower. Lots of little stuff that escaped QC. Get under the rear of the coach and make sure all wiring properly hung and bound as mine was all hanging in the wind. The main generator cable was actually laying on the exhaust pipe and burned through. Make sure all basement doors are aligned and the screws and hinges are tight and square. Get up on the roof and make sure all of the seals are even and there are no voids. I made the dealer change the lower keys and cams on the basement doors because there were different key sets and the cheap ones everybody has were on part of the doors. One double sided key should fit all storage area doors. Make sure the forward ceiling vents over the front upper cab have air flow. Mine didn't and the dealer had to take the ceiling down and remove excess vent hose because of poor installation. No air flow no air condition up above. Some drawers were missing the hold close latches, check all drawers and doors. Check all wood and trim for exposed nail gun staples. Make the dealer install front and rear tire valve extensions as part of your deal. If you don't have them you will be crawling around on the ground trying to check your tire pressure or fill you tires. There is no way to get to the inside rear duals without them. Don't get me wrong we love our coach but if you don't get these things done before the sale you might not be able to get them after.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum