Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
JDHoge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 31F
State: Georgia
THOR #631
How often to run the generator?

Members,

Our Thor MH has an on-board Onan generator with very few hours on it. I've sporadically started it and let it run for 5 minutes or so.

In reading the manual, it seems that Onan is concerned about old fuel gumming up the works and I can see how the 10% ethanol gas that we often are forced to buy might gum up quicker than pure petrol. We don't put any Stabil in the gas tank, but I'm starting to think that unless we are on the road I should start doing so. (Running the V10 once a week up to temperature probably isn't using enough fuel.)

Has anyone made any mods to the supply to their generator gas supply that would allow owners to add Stabil? If so, I'd like to hear about them.

Also, I hate the fact that our MH isn't being used weekly, and think that two to three weeks of sitting probably isn't good for it. Any opinions on this matter?

John & Gail
Athens, GA

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum