Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Another nubee
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2016, 01:05 PM   #1
Markq

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #5195
Another nubee

Hello Everyone
My wife and I just purchased our first RV, a 2000 Four Winds Chateau. I'm still trying to understand what we purchased. Is it an RV made by Four Winds or Thor? I know it's on a Ford chassis and drive train. Being 16 years old, the documentation I received is very sparse and where we have no previous experience with an RV, I'm struggling with many components.

Probably our most immediate need is a step out the door. The seller was run off the road the day he delivered it to my house and tore the hydraulic step off. For the time being I'll probably just buy a step stool at Walmart.

I'm also confused on the water heater and the propane items in general. I figured out how to turn on the water heater but the water didn't seem to get hot and the heater kicked off after some period of time. I'm wondering if there is a separate hot water tank I'm supposed to fill.

Anyway, we are taking our first trip tomorrow, two nights in a campground 20 miles from our house. We're hoping that will be enough time to figure out everything.

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions for our maiden voyage?

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum