Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 03:11 PM   #19
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
My only RV tire failure was a Firestone tread separation many years ago on a rented Class C. Air wasn't an issue. Fortunately we had a crappy spare but no tools. I decided that day I would not travel without a usable spare. Someday if I get to where I can't change a tire myself I may reconsider, but for now I want to be in control.

I tend to think of RV like a car. I don't carry air compressor in cars either, although I understand why some do. The battery operated Craftsman I mentioned takes very little space and weighs very little.

On my van I'm pushing my luck big time with tire's that are 10 years old. They have 70,000 miles on them and lots of tread left, but I hate buying new ones if replacing van soon. Problem is I keep taking long trips -- from Florida to Canada and Florida to Maine in last year. Plus two round trips to Texas.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.