Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 08:28 PM   #10
Bob Montgomery

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
Well, after waiting 14 days.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Montgomery View Post
Wow! On my way to Bretz RV to finish up with warranty work, without any warning, the window next to me exploded. Although there was a car that had passed me, I don't know how a rock could have hit the side window. Nevertheless the windows exploded. Guess what? It isn't safety glass like a windshield. It is tempered glass. It was so loud at first I thought I had been shot by a sniper .... but no injury to me. I don't know how long it will take to get a replacement so here I sit at the dealer waiting for daybreak...

The drama continues.
When this happened I called Thor Warranty and told them all the details. They said to put in a warranty claim which we did. After many inquiries, they finally called me this morning and said the claim was denied by the glass vendor. Why it took 14 days to be denied I do not understand. So I am back to square one. I called the Hartford (I had told them about this before) and gave them the item number and said to process the claim asap as we have already waited 14 days and also requested a she call me back asap (I had only got an answering machine.) After waiting over three hours I called her back again and this time she did answer but was very short with me.

I called Bretz RV and they are ordering the glass.

How much longer will we be grounded? Who knows.... funny you get a one year warranty but that doesn't apply to things such as defective glass. I wonder if my coach had been built by Toyota how it would have been handled..In all the years I have owned new Toyota's I have never had one warranty claim...not one... but have had two or three minor recalls which were handled without any delay.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum