Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 02:12 AM   #1
iqraceworks

Brand: Crossroads
State: Missouri
THOR #4481
Exclamation Is there a good performance muffler that's quiet?

I currently have a single 2-chambered Flowmaster (3" in/out) dumped under the bed right in front of the axle on my 04' Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi quad cab. For driving around town, and even on the highway it sounds awesome......nice deep idle, pretty quiet when cruising on the highway, and really screams when you mash the pedal. I tow a 25ft ski boat with my truck, and short trips to the lake (1 hour) don't really bother me too much, but the exhaust can get a little loud at times when you starting getting into the gas going up hills.

Now that we picked up a small 19ft camper trailer, and I've been going on some longer road trips with the family......and after a few hours, the exhaust note just gets annoying. It's not bad when you are on flat ground, but going up hills when the motor is spinning higher rpms just gets annoying.....I'm tired of hearing it (so are the wife and kid).

I'm going to cut the Flowmaster off and replace it with something else. I don't want to lose any power, but I do want to lose the noise and interior resonance. What should I try? Magnaflow? Borla? I want something that's quiet.....something that won't get annoying after pulling a trailer for 6+ hours.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum