Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 05:52 PM   #16
Calico

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Thumbs up Mystery leak in Vegas 25.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Calico
Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a cover to protect the coach from the Florida sun when in storage. This is our first RV and have had it for about 4 months. We have had only a couple of minor issues that were taken care of. The latest is the heating pad falling off the water tank. They are replacing the heating pad which is held on by adhesive. Since there is only two of us and a couple of dogs we like the size and we are enjoying it so far. I did have Sumo springs installed along with a Safe T Plus stabilizer and front end alignment which made a big improvement in handling. I am sorry to hear about your leaking problem. I don't know where your leak is but I did read on one of the forums that one person had water entering through the running lights on the top of the front cap. I guess they are just screwed on and there is no gasket between the lenses and the body. I haven't had any problem but I am going to put silicone around mine as a precaution. I also have one of those woman. They would much rather deal with me than her.
Kev
Thank you for the info on the running lights! At least its something WE can check out and squeeze some sealer on. Our leak comes through the passenger side wall and deposits in the storage compartment beneath the outside TV Compartment. The TV also shows some condensation which concerns me as word on the street is that electronics don't mesh well with moisture. I suspected the leak was at the antenna, as I thought it might be running down the wire and coming out the antenna hook-up in the storage box; we did see 'dry dribble marks' there. CW says it couldn't get the leak to happen while they had it. I'm going to check out those running lights, since where the leak comes in and where it exits could be way far apart. Once again, thanks!
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum