Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 07:45 PM   #8
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
This has been covered in many posts on the forum and in reality it boils down to personal preference. We use the BlueOx and would never go back to a tow dolly. First of all, either my wife or I can hook up the BO by ourselves in 5 - 10 minutes depending on how hot it is outside. (We tend to move slower when it is very warm). There is no way that I would pull our vehicle up on a tow dolly without someone there spotting to help get it centered and just to make sure it is far enough forward. The other thing we hated was putting the straps on the front tires to hold it in place. It would take the two of us 15 minutes minimum to get it on the tow dolly. I would rather not tow than to ever use a tow dolly again. We have two vehicles that we can tow. The first one was expensive because we had to buy the tow bar and the supplemental braking but the second one was far less expensive because we only had to buy the base plate and wiring harness. We live close to etrailer.com and they will install for free so that cuts down the cost considerably. But again, most of it is personal preference.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum