Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2016, 07:51 PM   #49
pstandiford

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Just for the heck of it I tried out the Rapid Camp a few weeks ago. When extending a slide the remote lost the signal midway through the extension. The same thing happened when deploying the awning. The system totally lost power when I tried retracting the awning. The remote is once again in its holder on the wall where it will stay until we need to knock off the cob webs.

IMHO it is not worth the possibility of slide issues due to not fully extending or retracting the slide.

As a note, the reason I was trying it out is I adjusted the pitch on my awning (2 positions/clicks low on the rear) and wanted to watch it retracting so I could make sure the awning did not hit the slide topper when the slide was extended. Awning pitch is fine and will remain 2 clicks low in the rear.
I have run into the same issue. I use it occasionally for the awning and have also used it for the auto level. I won't use it for the slides for the same reason you gave. I could also turn the porch light on or off but found that if I turn it on with the remote I also have to turn it off with the remote.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.