Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 11:09 PM   #10
FW28z
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2011 Four Winds 28Z
State: Michigan
THOR #531
The big issue I suppose is convenience. Many people like the convenience of an adjustable towbar so they can connect the vehicle to the moho just by being close. The fixed towbars have to be precisely positioned to mate to the hitch.

This is a source of frustration for many, but the more convenience means a more expensive towbar.

Also, generally the towbar and baseplate must be the same brand, however, many companies make adapter knuckles and a few towbars for their competitor's baseplates.

I went with BlueOx, simply because I liked the baseplate better - and that predicated going with a BlueOx towbar.

Also, be mindful of the height difference between the towbar and moho hitch receiver. Different towbars have different allowable specificatoins. For example, some BlueOx towbars only tolerate a +/-3" height difference, while another model BlueOx towbar requires the moho to be 7" higher than the toad.

Generally though, for vehicle mounted towbars, the hitch coupler must be level.

This might mean one model towbar will require a drop receiver (which can cost over $100), while another model may not. So that could significantly impact the total cost of a towbar.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.