Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2016, 08:48 PM   #4
gauthig

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37KT
State: California
THOR #3681
Ford Supports it

Doigna google search on CHF F53 and I see this is one of the most applied but also many people state how bad it is. Several negative points keeps coming up:
1. The angle of the sway bar and rod is wrong.
2. RV Manufacturers would do it if it was safe.
3. Too much torque - something will break if its that stiff.

BUT...
Talked to my tures shop person that did my alignment and he states he has done it on many units and seen others in his shop that also has it. He told them if they do not like it, to bring it in and he would set it back at no cost.

I still was wondering so I called the Ford customer service number that's in the F53 manual. Probably one of the best help desk type of experiences I have had in a while. Very polite.

The rep told me he could not answer that but would get a technician to give me a call today. 2 hours later I got that call. The technician was well aware of the CHF, but told me, it's just an user selectable setting. If I want less sway just move it. Ford sends all out in the soft setting as they do not know the weight or height of the body that will be applied. I asked the angle and if I should get a longer rod as many have stated, the response was "Ford does not recommend 3rd party parts or changes to the sway bar equipment. It does change the travel but is within our tolerances."

The Best part is - I was told by moving to the inner holes, my vehicle is still covered under warranty. That sealed the deal. I did the change and like others - instant change and a lot less than two new bars.
2018 Thor Challenger 37KT
gauthig is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum