Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 11:31 AM   #4
Dbeskan

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Tennessee
THOR #4234
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdanielson View Post
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good app, web site, or navigation device for planning a trip that shows road restrictions and clearances?
Five years ago, switched from using Garmin to a free Rand McNally on my iPad. Rand quit updating for Apple iOS on iPad and iPhone, so bought the standalone Rand 7735 a year or so ago. Rand once again did not have computer software updates when iOS updated, except if I called, then they sent me a micro-card. That was a hassle. Sold to a fellow RVer in Florida who uses Rand McNally and Windows computers.
Recently bought the Garmin RV 760LMT and am very glad to be back with Garmin. Bought a refurbished one. Doesn't quite have as many bells & whistles as the previous Rand McNally, but totally stable, upgradable, and it's my 4th Garmin over the years.
I do check all routes against Apple or Google maps and also use the free Rand McNally Atlas app on my iPad distributed by Apple at the apps store. Great for an overall perspective.
and, I use RoadTrippers for after I've figured out miles I go in a day, and want to see "what to do" at each stop. That's a fun part of the planning by computer/apps. It's all fun.
Guess you could say that I love mapping and maps. ~debbie

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum