Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 01:15 PM   #18
Joe-FL

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
I misstated, my GPS is a Rand RV GPS. A couple of years ago when I bought mine they were well over $300. Now they can be had for well under $300.

You enter all your measurements, height, length, width, how much propane you carry, etc..... Then when you enter a destination it is suppose to not route you on any roads where you will not have clearance or it would be illegal for you to go.

IMHO no one should just blindly follow any type of GPS, no matter if it is an RV one with all your measurements in it or not. When traveling routes should be checked in advance for height and width restrictions using a Trucker's Atlas or a computer based reference. With our 5th wheels my main concern was height restrictions being 13'5" tall, but now with the MH I am not as tall but am much wider with my mirrors.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum