Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2016, 05:28 PM   #1
nosticks

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
THOR #4656
Unhappy Radio Removal E350 Chassis Class C

First off, I have a little more in my tool box besides a cell phone, duct tape, and WD40. With that introduction the "I'd call Thor Customer Service" responses are unnecessary. I think this was a dealer aftermarket installation.

I need to get to the blown 10amp blade fuse on the back side of my radio, a Pioneer FH-Z500UI. I pulled the engine cowl to gain access to the back of the radio, but there is no way to get behind it. I can not even tell what type of mounting system was used. I have tried inspection mirrors but they too have little room to maneuver. My only conclusion is that the radio must have been installed from the front side of the panel. So there must be some trick to releasing it.

The Pioneer on line installation manual just says to mount the radio and primarily deals with wiring and operation. I studied the manual and downloaded it. I have tried twice now on two different days with a thought day in between to see how to get it out without success. Any audio people out there with a clue on this issue. I'm ready to try a shaped charge or wrapping it with primer chord.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.