Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 05:37 PM   #45
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Is that graph for a deep cycle lead acid flooded battery? Interesting that they discharge the battery to 10.5 volts. If the 10.5 volts is not under a moderate load, it's lower than most RVers would let their batteries discharge.
I am curious how you arrived at 10.5 volts. The chart is showing how many charge/discharge cycles to expect for different depths of discharge. My perception is that for the extreme case of 100% it would be 0 volts and of course some other calculable value at other percentages. So each point of the chart is going to be different voltage at discharge.

The other factor is that Lifeline batteries are AGM batteries and thus preform somewhat differently than regular lead plate batteries. I'm guessing that this graph would show significant shorter number of cycles life towards the right (higher percentage of discharge) side if it were for non-AGM batteries. These are my opinions not to be confused with facts.

https://www.solar-electric.com/agm-b...echnology.html

Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum