Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2016, 07:15 PM   #49
Ag&Au

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Washington
THOR #4719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalman View Post
Ken, Chance,
Thanks for the info. on AGM batteries. The graph and the link to the web site are both helpful. I have been using AGM batteries in my motorcycles for several years and haven't had a failure yet. The fact that they don't need maintenance, are vibration resistant, and have a slow discharge rate when not being used are excellent characteristics and worth the difference in cost to me.

The cost of the AGM deep cycle batteries that I recently installed in the RV were about three times the cost of a group 27 deep cycle battery. They came with knurled brass posts, so I had to buy adapters for the screw connections. The are now disconnected from the coach and connected to a battery maintainer, since the coach is being stored.
I posted elsewhere here, maybe even in this thread, but I think it bears retelling. My travel trailer came from the factory with 2 group 27 Lifelines.

I nearly always had the trailer plugged into shore power when stored. As soon as I received the trailer from the dealer, I replaced the converter with an IOTA DLS/IQ-4.

I sold the trailer 7 years later and the batteries' performance had not decreased at all.

Ken

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.