Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2016, 11:03 PM   #2
gmc

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
I converted all my interior lights to LEDs...

Choice is to replace bulbs - or entire fixtures. I found replacing bulbs to be significantly cheaper.

Need to match the kinds of bulbs you need - I had 4 different types - one for the pancake lights (a LOT of these); one for the bathroom fixture (bulbs not fully enclosed); one for the outside 'porch' light; and one for the range hood (110v).

Look for bulbs rated HIGHER than 12v - remember your fully charged battery or plugged in unit will put out close to 14v on those circuits. A 12v bulb can overheat. Mine were all rated 12-24v (except the range hood of course).
The pancake replacement bulbs needed a little care inserting to not bend.
Only replaced one bulb from the lot in over a year (ordered a few extras to have on hand).

'Color' temperature is a personal preference - I went with a warm white (not the harsh 'near blue')...

Also added LED light strips for indirect lighting - a mix of soft white and RGB - inside and on my awning.

I'll look for links to what I bought and post when I find them...

Everything runs MUCH cooler.... and reduced battery draw.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.