Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2016, 02:53 AM   #2
Greg84

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Colorado
THOR #1497
Exclamation

I've been using the ready brake elite for almost two years now. I installed it myself and love it. I tow a 2007 Rubicon. Initial setup and install is pretty simple. I have an aftermarket front bumper with a winch and hookup the tow bar to the shackle points which are bolted directly to the frame through the bumper. If you have the OEM bumper you will need to install an aftermarket baseplate.

I've had two issues. The damper cylinder was leaking fluid and NSA replaced the cylinder free of charge. Easy fix.

The second was my own fault and involved carpet getting pulled into the cable sheath and not releasing the brake once the cable got pulled tight when braking the RV. I had been 4 wheeling somehow the carpet threads tangled around cable and got pulled into the cable sheath. Like I said my own fault. If you have a professional install this won't happen.

It does cost more than a typical towbar but it is all you need. There is nothing to put on the driver's floorboards, no tapping into the jeep's brake system or the RVs air system.

I also installed a cooltech wiring harness. This allows me to use the jeep's brake lights and turn signals. It is designed to work with the existing electrical system. You do have to disconnect the battery when towing, power will come from the RV.

Hook up and disconnect are simple and straight forward and it takes less than 5 minutes to do both. Works well and I have had no problems towing or stopping.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.