Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2016, 02:22 PM   #1
iqraceworks

Brand: Crossroads
State: Missouri
THOR #4481
Question Anyone had shrinking issues with DICOR caulking?

When I first picked up my used travel trailer back in June, I scrapped out all of the old caulking from the seams, cleaned the seams with some wax&grease remover solvent, and recaulked everything with DICOR non-self leveling lap sealant….that’s what everyone seemed to like that I talked to. I used the self-leveling stuff for the horizontal roof joints. Now, only a few months later I’ve noticed that although the self-leveling stuff that I used on the roof is holding up great, the non-leveling stuff that I used on the rest of the trailer joints is starting to shrink and pull away from the joint in a few places. The majority of the spots are right up against the plastic trim pieces on the vertical seams on the trailer where the front, back, and sides come together.

Has anyone else seen this problem with the DICOR non-self leveling caulking? When I scrap it all out, and redo it AGAIN….should I use something different??

Thanks!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.