Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2016, 02:32 PM   #2
JamieGeek
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Well you really can't count it as "saving money on hotels" because you still have the monthly payment on the motorhome, insurance, fuel, maintenance, etc. Sure the cost of campgrounds are less than hotels but there are other costs.

Having said that: There are other plusses to think about:
  • If you're not pulling a car, yes you can leave it loaded and just hop in and go
  • Using them at softball/baseball tournaments is great (you can even have a team cookout--see pic below)
  • At said tournaments if there is a large gap (say your team is skipping a game) you can hop in the RV and take a nap!
  • You can tailgate other activities as well. Planning a long drive somewhere: Take the RV its much more comfortable

We moved from a 5th wheel/pickup combo to our Axis: Yes it is much easier--even when pulling a car I find it easier to load the car up than it was to hitch up the 5er.

Speaking of tailgating at tournaments: Here we are getting ready to cook burgers & dogs for my son's baseball team after a double header. We're parked in the parking lot of a local city park:

We've done that twice now and both times it was a big hit (this most recent time I think I sold two Axis' ! LOL).

(When I took the pic the last game was still going on, I had walked over to the camper to begin cooking and snapped the photo as I walked up to it.)
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum